What Are Weighted Blankets?
A weighted blanket is a blanket filled with small pockets of soft, sand-like plastic pellets. It’s designed to be heavier than your average blanket and used for increased sensory input for those suffering from anxiety or insomnia. Here we recommended to you Air-safecleaner.com is one of the best websites dedicated to providing answers to all home problems and issues. Check out!
Benefits Of a Weighted Blanket
Weighted blankets have become a popular alternative therapy for people struggling with anxiety, insomnia, and other sleep disorders.
A weighted blanket is a blanket that adds extra weight to improve sleeping and relaxation. People who are constantly exposed to stress or emotional trauma tolerate much better with the use of a weighted blanket. They’re not just for kids, though. Many adults use this type of blanket to increase focus and attention span while decreasing anxiety. Several studies have also shown that weighted blankets have an effect on the hormone balance in patients with ADHD and autism spectrum disorders, helping them feel calmer and happier. The key lies in how easy it is to regulate your body temperature when using the blanket.
The theory behind their therapeutic effect is that the added weight of the blanket provides deep pressure stimulation to the user. A weighted blanket can provide a deep pressure sensation similar to swaddling an infant or petting a dog.
There are many types of weighted blankets but here we explain the best top 5 Weighted blankets.
Gravity Weighted Blanket
The Gravity Blanket is made with a sophisticated, yet soothing, blend of fabrics that work together to help you feel comfortably relaxed. The premium cotton outer layer is breathable and silky to the touch; The weighted inner layer includes a unique fiberfill material that prevents beads from shifting; The soft microfiber inner layer is gentle on your skin.
Orbit Weighted Blanket
Orbit Weighted Blanket has been developed to provide calming, grounding sensation for people of all ages. The weighted blanket is made from natural cotton to support your body temperature.
Orbit Weighted Blanket can provide deep pressure touch stimulation (convex-concave) which is proven to provide deep physical and emotional relaxation. This type of gentle, non-invasive weighted blanket can be placed on top of the user’s body or used while sleeping. It aims to provide with gentle, even pressure distribution which is perfect for anyone who suffers from conditions like autism, anorexia, and certain types of insomnia.
Luxe Cotton Knit Weighted Blanket
Do you know why some people love the feeling of weight on their bodies? Some people feel a sense of safety and comfort with the feel of weight on them. The makers of Luxe Cotton Knit Weighted Blanket know how comforting the feeling can be and that’s why they created this mermaid tail blanket. Luxe Weighted Blanket offers several great benefits. First and foremost, it has a dual-layer construction that makes it highly resistant to wear and tear. However, it does not just feature that help make this item so popular among the medical and therapeutic communities. It’s the fact that it looks elegant in any setting (home or hospital), comes in a wide range of colors and sizes; and, best of all, is well within your budget.
Baloo Weighted Blanket
The Baloo Weighted Blanket is a weighted blanket made to optimize the body’s sensory systems under heavy pressure. It was created by scientists with a background in sensory substitution, sleep research, and the study of mood disorders such as depression and anxiety. You know all those times you said to yourself: “I wish I weighed a little more so I could calm down.” Well, this product is for you! The Weighted Blanket can be your safe space. Just imagine, finally being able to sleep without worrying about feeling annoyed. It is perfect for someone who feels depressed and anxious.
ZonLi Weighted Blanket
ZonLi Weighted Blanket was created as an alternative to anti-anxiety medication for helping you to relax, calm down and sleep better. The main purpose of the ZonLi Weighted Blanket is to give you a more relaxing, sound, and restful sleep. Adding weight to your blanket help to keep you in the same position all night long. As a result, you will wake up feeling more refreshed and energized. They use safe medical-grade synthetic latex and poly fibers fillers for our products which have amazing thermal properties and promote stress relief.
There are many people who asked how weighted blankets are made if you are the one in those people then visit this our blog post how are weighted blankets made for knowing some important information about weighted blankets.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I choose the right weight for my weighted blanket?
- There is a weight recommendation based on your approximate height, but sometimes that’s not enough. If you fall in between our recommendations, don’t be afraid to give yourself the heavier blanket. We may make an exception if you are part of a larger person.
- What is the best-weighted blanket for kids?
- A weighted blanket for kids is a blanket with layers of weight added to give it more of a sense of hug. It is made up in such a way that the weight it adds to your body feels like an actual hug. This means that whatever is bothering you will be settled down in a very natural way.
- Are weighted blankets good for everyone?
- Obviously, everyone is different, and it’s difficult to say whether a weighted blanket will be good for you. To know if a weighted blanket would help you sleep better, or feel more relaxed or calm, you’d need to get one and try it out. But many people do report that a weighted blanket helped them feel more relaxed in general.
- What weighted blankets are best for side sleepers?
- When it comes to my sleep, I don’t mess around. A good night’s sleep is just that important! If you are like me, then a weighted blanket might be the perfect addition to your bedroom. If you have never heard of them, they are similar to small quilts that contain pellets or beads allowing you to add weight to a blanket that can help you get better sleep.
- What does a weighted blanket do?
- As I already told A weighted blanket is a product that is designed to provide deep and comfortable pressure for people who suffer from conditions such as ADHD and SPD (sensory processing disorder). The two biggest advantages of weighted blankets are their ability to help with this depression as well as their natural comfort and pressure.
It’s very important to be familiar with all of the available information before deciding upon a certain option. In the end, there are a lot of options to choose from when it comes to weighted blankets and that can make decision-making difficult. However, the key is just to ensure that any research you conduct is thorough and objective.