In the age of the internet, there are numerous chances of rising cyber crimes every year. Therefore, it also demands the individuals who go for Ethical hacking certification. Hence, Ethical hacker certification courses can be a good career option these days. When it comes to cyber security, the online web attackers take the benefit of the lacunae present in the system and succeed one way or another. They can only be stopped through ethical hacking. Here, let us have a look at what ethical hacking is and what its benefits are.
What is Ethical Hacking?
In cyber hacking, an unlawful, unauthorized, doubtful entity generally tries to access or enter a computer system, any application, or data. Therefore, with ethical hacking, the person can replicate the strategy and the techniques of cyber attackers. Through this way, one can have the idea of loopholes present in the security system.
In addition to this, the ethical hacker can determine any such issues ahead of the cyber-attack. The professionals who prevent malicious hacking are called ethical hackers. Moreover, ethical hackers are commonly called by the name “white hat hackers.”Professionally, they conduct cyber security check-in organizations, offices, etc. This way, they help the organization to correct and further improve its framework and security system. Furthermore, the intention of an ethical hacker is the opposite of what is called malicious and illegal hacking.
The word ‘ethical hacking’ was proposed by John Patrick, a former IBM executive, in the year 1990 to differentiate cyber attackers or criminals from constructive hackers.
Both cybercriminals and ethical hackers have used the same techniques to breach the systems to have access to the data of organizations. But there lies a difference here; one is exploiting the system for one’s gains, while the other is using it to fix the damage and to benefit their client. Generally, ethical hackers utilize their skills of cyber-attack only for the advantage of the ‘victim.’
Anyone can exercise ethical hacking. However, the organizations are looking for only certified ethical hackers due to their broad knowledge.
What Are Certified Ethical Hackers (CEH)?
The only professionals or individuals who have ethical hacking certification or the cyber security certification are called certified ethical hackers. They usually work for non-governmental organizations. Additionally, this certification system has two levels:
- Basic CEH: One can have the basic CEH after the clearance of the knowledge test.
- Master of CEH: This is the second level where one is tested through the test on the simulated systems.
However, this ethical hacker certification can only be issued by three agencies or groups, which are as follows:
- The International Council of E-Commerce (Ec Council) Consultants.
- The certified penetration testing course by the Information Assurance certification review board.
- The Global Information Assurance Certification.
Furthermore, one can get ready for their CEH test by browsing the many online available sources. The CEH test and its training are available in both the online and the offline modes.
Benefits of recruiting a Certified Ethical Hacker
Certified ethical hackers prove to be very beneficial for one’s company or organization. They will improve the company’s cyber security system. Below mentioned are the 8 benefits of hiring ethical hackers:
- Ethical hackers can find concealed loopholes and weaknesses within one’s computer system, data, application, server, etc. Even if the system or software has very small gaps in its security framework or protocols, ethical hackers can easily find them.
- Additionally, they can exercise Dumpster diving where the public websites can be scanned to drive the data, which would be of help at the time of cybercrimes.
- Ethical attackers assist an organization in ascertaining how cybercriminals conquer a systems’ intrusion detection systems, firewalls, and honeypots.
- They can intelligently find out all the open ports by running a port scanning by utilizing the best port scanner.
- Ethical hackers regularly keep checking the penetration testing of the computer system.
- They can help in managing an emergency stimulation of cyber-security.
- They can efficiently discover hidden threats.
- Within the organization, they can train the security team about the cyber attackers through some learning programs.
In this cyber age, there is a dire need for any certified hackers in an organization to prevent any mishappening in the future.