In today’s world, where both men and women have equal opportunities in every area, it thus has been seen that this scenarios slightly changes in the field of a work environment where the females majorly suffer or feel suppressed with the male power around them, feeling the vibes and actions of sexual harassment cases, where every year over the years, this scenario has been on the rise. There have been many such famous case studies in the past such as the ‘Vishakha Case’ occurred in 1997, where the Supreme Court therefore stated the ‘Vishakha Guidelines’, which ordered to make every organisation, whether they are public or in the private sector to develop and establish a strong mechanism for redressing of sexual harassments cases which takes place in the organisation level.
Thus, the ‘Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act was then passed in 2019, which particularly had to provide systematic protection against the sexual harassment of women at the workplace and also all the complaints connected to it. Thus, since then the POSH ICC Training came on board, where POSH stood was Prevention of Sexual Harassment, which was a compulsory training in India since 2013. The POSH Training for Employees was absolutely mandatory for those organizations, which had more than 10 employees working under them, thus for all the employees and the employers the sessions were a compulsion to attend. Thus, the initial aim of the POSH Training India is mainly to educate their employees about the details of the law governing the sexual harassment and also preventing such situation in the mere future. The training process therefore serves a clear idea about the type of behavior which can be categorized under sexual harassment and what all detailed measures can be taken against such activity. Therefore, an effective POSH training should always consist of the following details, which are as follows:
- A detailed knowledge about the culture of the company should always be described by the individuals.
- Understanding the sheer diversity and the going on strategic plans of the company should be laid down.
- The understanding of the challenges the company usually faces regarding such behavior of any employee should be a sincere concern.
- Receiving valuable insights about the employee demographics should also be on the measure.
- A sheer clarity on the workflow, business, vendors and suppliers of the company should be given to each of the employees working.
- A detailed knowledge about the policies of the company related to sexual harassment should be provided.
- An in-depth introduction to the Internal Complaints Committee members should be provided as well.
- Being absolutely aware of such a structure of the Internal Complaints Committee should always be explained.
- Also, always understand the message from the management forwarded to you in an in-depth manner towards the end.
Address: Osia Classic, A/203, Amboli, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400058
Contact Number: 9820303787