If your goal is to build muscle, then exercise and proper nutrition are a must. Training, in this case, should be 4-5 times a week, with heavy weights and a small number of approaches. Particular attention must be paid precisely to the fact that work with weight should be built on the limit, i.e., the last approach should really be the last, and not so that you can lift the dumbbells 20 more times, for example. Cardio exercises should also be, but more in the form of a warm-up and a hitch, i.e., not as intense as those who want to lose weight.
As for nutrition, the situation is as follows:
Before training for 15-30 minutes, you need to drink a protein shake and eat fruit.
Many people prefer to train in the evenings because of work. Therefore, the question: of how to eat after a workout, in this case, is also very relevant. Many nutrition guides say to eat less at the end of the day. Decrease the number of carbohydrates to reduce the percentage of fat in the body. However, if you are training, then all these principles do not apply. Since you need to replenish energy reserves in the muscles after training, you still need nutrients for recovery.
It should be noted that immediately after training, after 20-30 minutes, there should be a plentiful intake of protein and carbohydrate foods. At this time, the metabolic window opens in the body when the body is actively consuming protein and carbohydrate food for muscle recovery. Due to this, muscle growth will occur; otherwise, the muscles will be destroyed.
The optimal nutrition after a workout is a protein shake and cottage cheese, as it is considered the most quickly digestible protein, unlike, for example, meat. The body will spend a lot of time and effort on the assimilation of meat, and after training, it needs to immediately get protein and simple carbohydrates. Due to the critical condition, he will quickly process them, and nothing will be deposited in fat; everything will go to muscle recovery. In no case after training, do not eat fats and do not drink caffeinated drinks (tea, coffee …) because caffeine interferes with the work of glycogen and interferes with muscle recovery.
After dinner, you need to do something and after a while go to bed. So you will not gain excess fat because metabolic processes are accelerated after training, and proteins and carbohydrates go to replenish stocks.
I think that there are not so many of you who want to pump up, so this information is more for reference because if you really want to pump up, then you will understand this issue much better than a dubious source on the Internet, with the help of trainers and specialists.
It is immediately worth noting the moment that you can not train on an empty stomach in any case. The stomach is considered hungry if it has not eaten for 8 hours. For example, immediately after waking up, you can’t practice without a light snack; you need to have a snack or drink plain water. Thus, you start the process of metabolism to burn fat.
What is the best snack before a workout?
15-20 minutes before training, you can have a snack with yogurt (natural) and fruit, after which you can train for 30-60 minutes at an intense pace or 1-1.2 hours, but already of medium intensity, including stretching, cardio, and strength workout.
After training, you can not eat for 1-2 hours, only drink water. But you can have a snack with 1-2 slices of bread. After 1-2 hours, you need to eat a balanced meal consisting of proteins and carbohydrates in a ratio of 4: 1 (carbohydrates: proteins). At the same time, carbohydrates should be healthy, not chocolate, but brown rice, buckwheat, wholemeal pasta, cereals, bread, vegetables, etc. Protein – fish, chicken, egg whites, etc. Just don’t eat fatty foods after your workout. Also, don’t drink caffeinated drinks.
But what if the training goes on late in the evening? I know that many of you (however, like myself) study in the evening at 8-9-10 o’clock. You won’t eat pasta with meatballs at night:)))))
What can you eat after a workout:
- If your evening workout lasts until 19:00, and you go to bed before 23:00, then you should cook foods rich in fiber and protein for dinner, but it is better to transfer fatty foods and fast carbohydrates to the morning. It is better for you to have dinner 2 hours before bedtime, and we consider the time not from the beginning of the meal but after it ends.
- If you train until 21:00 and go to bed at 24:00 or later, you won’t be able to hit the two-hour mark before bed. What to do? It is better to have a light dinner before training (about 1 hour before). Eat, for example, fruits, durum wheat pasta, or boiled potatoes without meat and fish (they simply do not have enough time to digest). If you don’t have time to have dinner in an hour, then have a snack in 15-20 minutes with a couple of slices of dark chocolate, fruits (or dried fruits); you can drink a cup of green tea or a glass of juice diluted with water. If you have a strong will, then you may not have dinner after an evening workout. But if hunger does not let you fall asleep, then find out what you can eat after a workout in the options for the right dinner for yourself just below.
Options for a proper dinner after a workout for item 1:
- meat with vegetable salad,
- fish with green vegetables
- legumes (stewed or steamed),
- buckwheat or rice
- 2 boiled potatoes.
Options for a proper dinner after a workout for paragraph 2:
- a glass of kefir or milk with 1.5% fat,
- cottage cheese seasoned with kefir,
- 100g lean fish
- 100g chicken breast,
- salad of vegetables and herbs (except sweet peppers and carrots)
And yet, if you want to turn an evening jack3d pre workout into an effective and easy way to lose weight, and you still can’t decide whether to eat after a workout, then remember that by working out intensively, you have already started the process of burning fat in your body. And this is a very long process! And, if you do not give the body the opportunity to restore its strength from food, then it will take them from your fat reserves!