The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) is a qualification that is designed for individuals who are seeking a career in teaching, training or instructing in a variety of settings. The qualification covers key areas such as understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, teaching and learning strategies, and assessment and evaluation. This qualification is recognized in the UK and is considered as an entry-level teaching qualification.
Level 3 AET Qualification Requirements
To obtain the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) qualification, individuals must meet certain requirements. These typically include:
- Age: Candidates must be at least 19 years old.
- Educational Qualifications: There are no formal educational qualifications required to take this course, although a minimum of Level 2 in English and mathematics is recommended.
- Previous Experience: Candidates are expected to have some prior experience in teaching, training, or instructing.
- Assessment: The qualification is assessed through a combination of written assignments, practical observations, and professional discussions.
- Course Duration: The course typically takes between 6 and 12 weeks to complete, depending on the provider and mode of study.
It is important to note that requirements may vary by provider and location. It is best to check with your chosen training provider for specific requirements and information.
Level 3 AET Practical Requirements
To complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) qualification, individuals must meet certain practical requirements. These typically include:
- Observed Teaching Practice: Candidates will be required to complete a minimum of 6 hours of observed teaching practice, during which they will deliver lessons to real students in a real educational setting.
- Professional Discussions: Candidates will also need to participate in professional discussions with their assessor, in which they will reflect on their teaching practice and their approach to assessment and evaluation.
- Written Assignments: In addition, candidates will need to complete written assignments that demonstrate their understanding of key concepts related to education and training, such as the role of the teacher, teaching and learning strategies, and assessment and evaluation.
It is important to note that practical requirements may vary by provider and location. It is best to check with your chosen training provider for specific requirements and information.
Also Read Practical Requirements for Level 3 Award in Education and Training By Britannia School of Academics
Progression After Level 3 AET
After completing the Level 3 AET qualification, individuals have a number of options for progression. Some common options include:
- Further Study: Many individuals go on to study for higher-level teaching qualifications, such as the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training or the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
- Career Advancement: With the AET qualification, individuals may be eligible to take on more responsibility or apply for higher-level roles in the education and training sector.
- Specialist Training: Individuals may choose to specialize in a particular area of education and training, such as teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) or training in a specific subject area, such as IT or business.
It is important to note that progression options will vary depending on individual circumstances and career goals. It is best to speak with a career advisor or education and training provider for more specific information and guidance.
In conclusion, the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) is a valuable qualification for individuals who are seeking a career in teaching, training, or instructing. The qualification provides a solid foundation in the key concepts and principles of education and training, including teaching and learning strategies, assessment and evaluation, and roles and responsibilities. Upon completion, individuals can choose to further their education and training, advance their careers, or specialize in a particular area of education and training. The AET is recognized in the UK and is considered as an entry-level teaching qualification.