A company loses out on a lot of golden opportunities, productivity, and revenue when its employees commit time theft. Tasks are assigned, but due to the fabrication of data, employees are able to escape. This is majorly due to the lack of visibility of managers. They have no way to cross-check the information.
To eliminate instances investing in field employee management software becomes a necessity. It can help you get better clarification and accountability of the field operation. Continue reading to learn how the software can help reduce time theft of your employees.
What is Time Theft?
Time theft occurs when employees are paid for the work and time they have not done. And with access to the internet today, time theft has increased and is a growing concern. It is even a larger concern for companies working with field employees as they are not always in front of the managers. This loss of productivity costs companies a lot of money.
How Do Field Employees Commit Time Theft?
Studies suggest that employers lose about 4.5 hours every week per employee to time theft. In the long run, this will start impacting customer relations, and the employees might lose track of time while lazing around. Therefore, it is crucial for managers to know all the ways time theft occurs.
- Time Clock Theft: It occurs when field agents manipulate their timesheets to show more working hours.
- Long Lunches and Extended Breaks: It’s a common practice for field agents to take prolonged lunch and smoke breaks without informing the managers.
- Goofing Off: Often, agents can be seen chatting and wasting time socializing with random people at tea stalls to avoid working.
- Hidding From Managers: Field agents can turn off GPS, switch off the phone or make excuses of no network to avoid calls and hide from managers.
- Buddy Punching: Another misleading practice of field agents is buddy punching. Employees might ask friends to punch them in or out to manipulate their working hours.
What is Field Force Management Software?
Field force management is a solution that will help managers keep tabs on their field executives from afar but accurately and in real time. The software offers technically advanced solutions that will provide high visibility of the field agents’ activity. In addition, managers can keep track of field operations with the help of the software’s app.
How can Field Force Management Software Reduce Time Theft?
The field force monitoring software comes with a number of solutions, all aiming to provide ease of operation through automation. This is for both managers and field executives. For example, managers can track their agents in real time, and employees have higher accountability.
- Task Management: Managers can allocate a month’s worth of tasks in advance. The tasks will be visible to employees daily without delay. Managers can also remotely track the progress status of each executive’s task checklist.
- Live Tracking: Managers can accurately track each employee’s location and travel history. They can do this on the field force management’s software.
- Real-Time Reports: The software offers auto-generated analytical reports that can accurately measure the productivity and performance quality of the employees.
- Geocoded Attendance: The best part of using the software is geocoded attendance. Through this solution, the attendance of the field executives gets automatically marked once they reach their task location. This is a foolproof and buddy punch-proof method.
Use TrackoField To Reduce Time Theft
Productivity is important if managers want their employees to be the best in the field. But it gets seriously affected when employees commit time theft. It also affects the revenues and profits of the company. Not only this, there are chances that even customer satisfaction and relationship might also get affected due to time theft.
TrackoField is a leading field force monitoring software that offers live tracking-like solutions that alert managers when employees commit time theft.