Whenever Muslims are going to perform Hajj or Umrah, they have to follow the rules of these pilgrimages. Even some rules are also called rituals of the pilgrimages. One ritual which Muslims have to follow first before Umrah is Ihram. It’s a sacred state that a pilgrim must follow to perform Umrah. The first thing that a pilgrim has to do is to enter Ihram.
Ihram attire is a white dress manufactured specifically for males. It comes in various materials, but quality and climate both affect the cost. For women, there is no specific attire for this occasion, since their entire veil or abaya is regarded as an Ihram. But there are some restrictions that one has to follow while in the state of Ihram. One such restriction is wearing a stitched Ihram. Take a look at “Can you wear stitched Ihram for Umrah?” to get the correct answer about stitched Ihram.
Note: After purchasing Umrah packages, you must abide by the rules of pilgrimage. Because many Muslims face difficulties while performing.
Wearing stitched Ihram is not allowed
To understand the stitched Ihram, it should be confirmed that you know the restrictions of the Ihram. Here are some things that are not permitted in Ihram:
- Wearing stitched clothes: Wearing stitched or sewn clothes are not permissible in Ihram. Sewn clothes can be shirts, trousers, hooded robes, underpants, t-shirts, or anything around the head like a cap or fez. In addition, one is not permitted to wear dyed stitched clothes in Ihram.
- Applying scented perfume: One can’t use perfume while in the state of Ihram or directly on the body. Applying perfume in any other way on Ihram is also forbidden. Even the use of scented shampoos and soaps is also disallowed.
- Self-beautification: A pilgrim in an Ihram is not allowed to use a mirror to enhance their beauty in Ihram. Pilgrims should avoid whatever is considered for beautification purposes. Applying henna is also in the usual way. However, you can look in the mirror for any other reason.
- Cutting the nails: When in Ihram, a pilgrim is not allowed to cut all of his/her nails unless doing so is distressing him. You can cut your nails before wearing Ihram. After wearing this white dress, you can’t do that.
- Having intercourse: It’s forbidden to have intercourse with His/her while in the state of Ihram. They should refrain from any sin and not do unjust disputes during Hajj and Umrah.
From the point mentioned above, it’s clear that pilgrims are not allowed to wear stitched clothes, including Ihram. In Islam, wearing sewn clothes during Ihram is forbidden.
How should Ihram be?
The Ihram outfit for men is made up of two white plain pieces of clothing called the ‘Izaar’ and the ‘Rida’. This dress is typically made of cotton, but it depends on the weather in Mecca. It can be in different materials and quality according to climate. But there is no particular requirement of Ihram for women. They are free to dress however they please. However, their whole dress should be according to Islamic tradition.
In conclusion, stitched Ihram is not permitted for pilgrims to wear. Even they cannot wear any sewn clothes. The primary goal of Ihram is to demonstrate your purity to Allah (SWT) instead of stitched clothing. By performing a pilgrimage while in Ihram, your sins will be forgiven. If you have done your Umrah from an authentic agency, you should be aware of the restrictions of Ihram. Make sure to fulfil all the requirements for a better experience.