Doors are important for tying up the whole look of a building and definitely not just a solid barrier to protect your home from being intruded on. A front door has the dual responsibility of looking welcoming so that visitors feel invited and be durable enough to keep any disturbance out of the house.
Homeowners take great interest while choosing the front door for their homes, as they want to create a good outlook for their house overall. From the earliest of time, there have been many design trends in doors. Back in the late 19th century victorian front doors were the top choice of every homeowner, as they helped them create a statement for their homes through their regal look.
With time though the design trends for doors changed the purpose that they served stayed the same. Homeowners of today are even more woke of the type, quality, and durability of a door when choosing one to safeguard their home.
Why is it important to have good-quality doors?
Apart from the design and style, it is extremely important for a homeowner to wisely choose a good-quality door. A door that will be strong enough to protect from intruders and other outside disturbances and will also stay upright for long years. So let us discuss the purposes that a good quality door serves.
- Looks inviting to neighbors and visitors – There is a popular saying, “First impression is last impression”, in the case of your home a front door is what creates the first impression for the people who come to visit or are just passing by. In fact, a front door is viewed as an important element in giving a distinctive look to your home. It helps in reflecting the personality and style of the owner, for instance, many people opt for a green front door because they want to create that iconic look for their home. While some people like to stick to darker and traditional colors like brown and black because they want to set a rustic or serious tone for their home.
- Helps in reducing energy costs – Giving a modern touch to your front door can help you in saving a lot of energy costs. High-quality doors can definitely help you in saving on heating and cooling costs. It is believed that with the right door, you can save up to 10% of your annual energy costs within a few years of shifting. Insulation is one of the main factors for a front door, a good-quality front door offers good insulation and draught protection. Good-quality doors have excellent heat control, which prevents any draughts and air leaks. A sturdy front door is like a tight seal that helps keep costs down.
- Keeps you and your family safe from intruders and burglars – The most important role of a door is to provide proper safety and security to the inhabitants. Security is extremely important for the entrance of the house, and high-quality exterior doors provide high protection against burglars and other intruders. Security plays a huge role in doors, and smart home technology has been developed to maximize the security potential of these doors. A sturdy front door provides a sense of security and peace to homeowners and their families.
Types of doors that a ruling the design trends
If you are looking to remodel your front door or build a new home, then the following designs should be on your list.
- Victorian-style doors – If you are looking to add a royal and classy look to your home then victorian front doors are the best fit for you. In victorian front doors, the wood is elaborately carved with an imposing arch to match the door, which helps in adding a serious tone to the house.
- Vibrant colored doors – Bright reds, yellows, greens, teals, and blues are totally in style for front doors. Bright colors add the color your home needs, a green front door can be seen in front of many houses as they help in adding that kick of color. So if you are looking to add an electrifying and vibrant look to your home, then a green front door should be your choice.
- Doors with glass elements – Adding elements of glass is one of the latest trends for front doors. From adding a glass insert to your door to installing a storm door with glass panels or even adding glass mosaic, glass helps in adding a chic touch to your home. Glass door panels help in bringing some natural light come through the doors, which makes your entryway more inviting.
- Natural wood stains – If you are looking for a door that will stand out, try a darker stained door. Irrespective of the color of the wood, natural wood stain doors will surely add charm and character to your home.
Doors play a huge role in making or breaking the look and feel of a home’s exterior. There is a vast selection of designs and styles in doors that help homeowners find the door that will be the best fit for their home. A good-quality door not just looks inviting but also saves a house from potential burglars and intruders.