Camping is one of those outdoor activities where individuals spend their days and nights in someplace out in nature by staying in sleeping bags or tents. This type of activity can either be enjoyed alone or in a group. Individuals around the globe often go camping in an attempt to connect with nature and improve their physical and mental health.
There are many companies that produce good quality camping equipment like camping backpacks, beach shelters, and sleeping bags in NZ. These companies have a wide range of camping gear and beach shelters which addresses campers’ camping needs.
How does camping help?
Camping is not just a fun outdoor activity it has many advantages which are hugely beneficial for human health. Some of its benefits are listed below.
- Improves mental health – Camping helps improve cognitive brain functioning and helps to increase the ability to focus. Camping outside amidst nature helps the human brain to calm down and creates a sense of peace in the mind of individuals. It ultimately contributes to improving overall mental health by lowering the level of anxiety and depression.
- Contributes to the practice of digital detox – In recent times, technology has completely taken over human beings. This is why we spend hours on our phones or fiddling with other types of gadgets. Camping allows everyone to shut down their electronic gadgets and go on a complete detox for some time.
- Improves physical well-being – Through camping, individuals get a chance to indulge in different physical activities which improve their physical health. Being out in a beach shelter in NZ or the sun for hours heightens Vitamin D, reduces blood pressure, increases bodily flexibility, and induces better sleep. Sleep helps in the proper functioning of the human body. It reduces inflammation, improves the cardiovascular system, and helps an individual stay alert. Many campers often report better sleep cycles when they return from a trip.
- Helps develop new skills – One can go camping in forest areas, mountains, and beaches, where you don’t quite have access to modern amenities. This allows individuals to learn new skills of survival, leadership, and teamwork. By participating in camping, individuals learn to live a simple life and create make-shift arrangements for their living.
Types of products used for camping and their features
The market is flooded with excellent camping equipment, some of which offer great quality, while others are targeted at budget travellers. Here’s a brief but informative list of some of those.
- Inflatable tents – Inflatable tents have recently become increasingly popular among camping enthusiasts. They don’t have metal or fibreglass poles; instead, they have inflatable beams pumped up to support the structure. This makes modern camping tents comparatively lightweight and easier to be carried to the camping site.
- Beach shelter tents – It is crucial to stay in a cool and comfortable space while camping at beaches to protect the skin. These tents offer proper shelter on the sand and create a barrier from the sun’s harsh rays. The modern beach shelters in NZ are lightweight and are made from breathable fabrics like polyester or spandex, which provides good airflow while protecting people from harsh UV rays.
- Cocoon sleeping bags – Cocoon sleeping bags in NZ are lightweight, waterproof, and compact. These thus keep individuals snug while sleeping. This type of sleeping bag is soft and breathable in nature and is designed to make sure that people are comfortable even after a long day of hiking. Moreover, the cozy cocoon layer inside the bag controls the amount of heat released into the sleeping bag by responding to any outdoor disturbances like the outside temperature.
It can be said that apart from being a fun outdoor activity, camping serves many benefits to the individuals who indulge in this practice. Camping helps in improving both the physical and mental well-being of a camper and also helps them in learning new skills. There are many companies all over the globe that are making good quality camping material for campers, thus making it easier for them to indulge such practices all the more.
To know more about camping and the different kinds of camping equipment, including the likes of sleeping bags and beach shelter in NZ available these days, feel free to comment below. We would love to connect with you all and come up with more such informative blogs for all kinds of hikers and campers in the days to come.