United Solicitors is one of the UK’s leading law firms in cycling accident claims. We’ll provide you with the best possible legal representation and help you get the compensation you deserve.
What is a cycling accident claim?
In September 2021, Gov.UK released a report on the number of reported pedal cyclist accidents in Great Britain in 2020 that had resulted in injuries. They confirmed that 11,938 were slightly injured, 4,215 were seriously injured and tragically, 141 were killed.
When you’ve been injured in a cycling accident where someone else was either fully or partly at fault, you may be able to claim compensation. Some of the most common causes of cycling accidents where compensation has been sought are:
- Road traffic collisions, where a driver of a motor vehicle is at fault
- Potholes and road defects, where the local council or highways agency is at fault
- Car door collisions, where a driver has not checked their mirror before opening their car door
- Animals, such as horses and cattle, causing collisions, where their owner is at fault
Cycling accident claims can sometimes be complex cases and it’s therefore extremely important if you decide to make a claim, that you instruct a specialist cycling accident solicitor to represent you.
How do you know if a cycling accident solicitor is a specialist?
- United Solicitors cycling accident lawyers are specialists in what they do. They’re highly skilled in representing those who’ve suffered injuries as a result of cycling accidents, so have a huge amount of experience in this field.
- In addition, we have a National Specialist Interest Group for Cyclists which consists of a number of lawyers and individuals from United Solicitors who are passionate about cycling, whether representing cyclists in compensation claims, fundraising for cycling charities, or lobbying and campaigning for cycling causes.
- We’re highly ranked in independent legal guides such as Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 and have lawyers accredited by organisations such as the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- We’ve helped many people not only seek compensation, but also ensure that they get the treatment and rehabilitation needed to get them back on the saddle, such as Tracey Patmore.
How much does it cost to make a cycling accident compensation claim?
The cost of instructing a lawyer to represent you can sometimes be a concern, especially as it most often comes at a time when you’re unable to work due to your injuries, so already may be suffering from financial hardship.
However, United Solicitors offer No Win No Fee funding for cycling accident claims, so if you lose your case, you don’t need to pay anything, meaning there’s no financial risk to you.
How long does a cycling accident compensation claim take?
It’s impossible to say how long your cycling accident compensation claim will take as it depends on a number of things, such as the seriousness of your injuries, the length of time any treatment or rehabilitation will last and how long any recovery will take.
In addition, it also depends on those at fault for the accident and whether or not they accept they were responsible. However, as we’re cycling accident specialists, we’ll negotiate your claim to get the best possible outcome and ensure your claim is dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
How much compensation can I claim for a cycling accident?
It’s impossible to say how much compensation you’re likely to get for a cycling accident claim as it depends on:
- How serious your injuries are, for example, the pain and suffering you’ve had to endure and the effect it’s had on your everyday life
- Your financial losses, for example, how much you’ve lost in wages if you’ve been unable to work for a certain period of time and what additional expenses you’ve had as a result
- The pain, suffering and losses you’re likely to have in the future
What we can say at this stage is given our level of specialism in this field we’ll ensure that you get the absolute maximum amount of compensation you deserve. Given our vast experience, we know exactly what compensation you’ll need to maximise recovery and future independence.
What treatment or care is provided as part of a cycling accident claim?
Rehabilitation and treatment
As we specialise in this area of law, we know that for those with serious injuries, the earlier rehabilitation and treatment begins, the better their chance of recovery is. This is why we seek early interim payments as a key part of our strategy, to ensure we have funding as soon as possible for any rehabilitation and treatment you need to maximise your chance of recovery and future independence.
Given our many years of experience, we work with some of the best case managers and medical experts in the field and will ensure you get the best possible care and assistance.
Practical and emotional support
We also work closely with a number of charities who are able to offer a whole range of practical advice and support which can be invaluable to our clients who’s suffered serious injuries, such as Headway, Spinal Injuries Association, Finding your Feet, Brake and Roadpeace.
As we work closely with these charities and organisations, where you need additional support, we’ll be able to signpost you to those which are most suited to your needs.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that our clients get the aftercare they need way beyond the settlement of their case. At United Solicitors, we’ll be there for you throughout your life. Not only will our cycling accident lawyers continue to be there for you when you need us, but we have teams of specialists in other areas of law who can continue to provide you with invaluable advice and support.
In many cases, our clients find that they would also benefit from legal advice in other areas of law. As one of the largest consumer law firms in the country, we have teams who specialise in areas of law such as Court of Protection, wills and probate, family law and employment law. We also have independent financial advisers who can provide welfare benefits advice and help protect your compensation.
Having such a range of specialism within United Solicitors means you’ll not have the burden of trying to find specialist firms to help you in your time of need and instead, United Solicitors can provide you with a seamless, end to end service.
For more information, register your claim today and one of our experts will be in touch.
Why choose United Solicitors?
Given the complexities which can arise in cycling claims, choosing lawyers who specialise in this area of law is extremely important. We’re able to offer that dedicated specialism.
- We’re highly ranked in independent legal guides
- We’ve been shortlisted and won industry awards demonstrating our specialism
- We’ve been instrumental in some of the most important and ground-breaking landmark cases
- We’re accredited by industry specialists
- We have a dedicated National Specialist Interest Group for Cyclists offering a wide range of expertise
- We work with the best available medical experts, case managers and treatment providers in the UK
- We offer No Win No Fee funding so there’s no financial risk to you
- We work closely with a range of dedicated charities throughout England, Scotland and Wales who can offer a full range of practical advice and support
- As one of the largest consumer law firms in the UK, we’re able to offer an end to end service for all your legal needs and independent financial planners for compensation protection
If you’ve been injured in a cycling accident, register your claim today and our specialists will be happy to help.
Visit Website: United Solicitors!