Are you suffering from a bone disease? Not able to enjoy your life fully due to muscle or joint pain? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you should visit an orthopedic hospital as soon as possible. Need help with which hospitals to trust for your treatment? Don’t worry; you have made it to the right place.
India’s orthopedic hospitals are experts in identifying and resolving issues with your bones and joints. Physicians with expertise in orthopedics run these hospitals. Having access to cutting-edge medical equipment enables them to carry out complex procedures.
The road to recovery doesn’t completely end with surgery. Experts in rehabilitation and physiotherapy collaborate closely with patients. They assist them in regaining their mobility, flexibility, and strength. Experts and doctors are constantly sharing and updating their knowledge with others. They stay current with the newest procedures and technology, which implies you’re receiving the best care available.
This article will tell you about the best orthopedic hospitals in India, their unique qualities, and how they transform patient care.
What are Some Common Orthopedic Procedures Done at Hospitals in India?
Orthopedic hospitals in the country offer a broad spectrum of services. They cater to various bone and joint-related issues and ensure patients can find the appropriate treatment for their condition. Some of the most frequently performed orthopedic procedures include –
- Total Joint Replacement, a highly prevalent procedure, involves the removal of damaged joint components and their substitution with prosthetic implants. This intervention is indicated for patients with severe joint degeneration, typically in the hip and knee joints.
- Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive approach that employs an arthroscope, a slender tube with a camera and light source, to visualize and treat pathological conditions within joints. It is frequently utilized for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
- Spinal Surgery procedures encompass various interventions to address conditions affecting the vertebral column. Techniques include spinal decompression to alleviate nerve compression, spinal fusion to stabilize the spine, and disc replacement to maintain spinal mobility.
- Rotator Cuff Repair is a surgical intervention for mending torn tendons within the shoulder’s rotator cuff. Surgical approaches may range from arthroscopic to open repairs, depending on the scope of the injury.
What are the Latest Treatment Methods Being Used at Indian Orthopedic Hospitals?
The best orthopedic hospitals in India use the latest medical techniques and treatment modalities to serve their patients. Some of these innovative treatment techniques are –
- Robot-Assisted Surgery: Hospitals have increasingly adopted robotic-assisted surgical systems. These systems provide precise, real-time feedback to surgeons, allowing for more accurate placement of implants in joint replacement surgeries and enhancing surgical outcomes.
- Custom Implants: Patient-specific implants and instrumentation have become more prevalent. Advanced imaging techniques, like CT scans and MRIs, create customized implants. They are tailored to an individual’s anatomy and result in a better fit and potentially faster recovery.
- 3D Printing technology has enabled the making of patient-specific implants, surgical guides, and anatomical models for preoperative planning. This technology has revolutionized the field by allowing for personalized solutions.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: Techniques for minimally invasive surgery have continued to advance. Smaller incisions and specialized instruments are used to perform complex procedures. Benefits of MIS techniques include less pain, reduced scarring, and quicker recoveries.
Which are the Best Orthopedic Hospitals in India?
The journey to a quick and complete healing from a bone and joint disease can only be completed with a good hospital. Therefore, it becomes vital to select a hospital that offers comprehensive care and uses the latest medical technologies. The best orthopedic hospitals in India employ a patient-centric approach and are the ones you can trust.
MIOT International, Chennai
- MIOT International is a multispeciality hospital located in Chennai.
- Established in 1999, the hospital has a dedicated Institute of Orthopaedics that treats patients from all over the world.
- The hospital uses the latest high-end tools to accurately diagnose and treat conditions of the bones and joints, including failed surgeries, back pain, fractures, arthritis, congenital deformities, and spinal deformities.
- The hospital has performed over 40,000 replacement surgeries using the latest technologies.
- MIOT Hospital uses Computer Navigated Total Knee Replacement, which improves the longevity of the joint.
- It is a level-1 trauma center and provides top-notch surgical care to patients. Over 4500 trauma surgeries are performed each year at the hospital.
- The Sports Medicine Division at the hospital treats conditions like knee ACL and PCL, Achilles tendonitis, hamstring pulls and tears, tennis sprains, fractures, carpal tunnel syndrome, golf elbow, and runner’s knee.
Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Medanta Hospital is a JCI-accredited super-specialty hospital located in Gurgaon.
- The Institute Of Musculoskeletal Disorders and Orthopaedics has a multidisciplinary team of orthopedic surgeons, anesthesia, pain medicine specialists, and occupational therapists.
- The specialists are focused on diagnosing and managing musculoskeletal conditions such as spine pain, joint pain, birth & congenital disabilities, trauma, sports, and other injuries.
- The institute has the latest technologies like Computer Navigation Systems, O-Arm, Alpha Operation Theatre, Arthroscopic Equipment, 4D Myoline Dynamic Posture, and Motion Analysis.
Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Fortis Hospital, Noida, is a renowned multispeciality hospital inaugurated in 2004.
- The hospital has a dedicated Department of Orthopaedics that focuses on the correction, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the skeletal deformities of patients in different age groups.
- The department treats disorders of joints, bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves.
- The orthopedic team treats patients with fractures, torn ligaments, dislocations, pulled muscles, low back pains, strains & sprains, bone tumors, cerebral palsy, growth abnormalities, tendon injuries, sciatica, bursitis, ruptured discs, bow legs, scoliosis knock knees, hammertoes, and muscular dystrophy.
- The team also aims at rehabilitation by advising and educating patients to perform physical therapies and exercises that help restore strength, movement, and function.
- The hospital is capable of handling and managing complex and multi-system trauma cases.
BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital is a 650-bed hospital that was established in 1959.
- The team of orthopedists at the hospital offers the best solutions for hip replacement surgery, total knee replacement, hip resurfacing, unicondylar knee replacement, and replacement of shoulder & elbow joints.
- In addition to correcting deformities, the hospital is proficient in carrying out all types of limb salvage and bone tumor surgeries.
- It has a dedicated operation theater (OT), intensive care unit (ICU), and inpatient ward, equipped with state of the art technology such as computer-assisted navigation for joint replacement, intraoperative neuromonitoring, endoscopic minimally invasive surgeries, intraoperative microscope, flat panel c-arm, and high-end arthroscopy for sports injuries.
- The hospital also offers physiotherapy, pain management support, occupation therapy, health checkups, and patient and family counseling programs.
In a nutshell, India is home to some of the most skilled and experienced orthopedic doctors and surgeons. The best orthopedic hospitals in India observe millions of patients yearly suffering from different bone and joint diseases. By catering to individual needs using a patient-centric approach, they have gained the trust of national and international patients.